We unplugged Friday and Saturday for the Ketler wedding in the gorge. We spent the weekend with our friends Mike and Kathleen, and Taylor and Mike served as groomsmen together in the wedding. It was nice having Kat for moral support as I didn't know anybody else at the wedding. (I mean, I'm no wallflower, but still...it was nice to have a friend to chat with through the whole thing.)
Months and months ago, Mike and Kat signed up for the Color Run in Portland, before they knew it was the same weekend as Ketler's wedding. And, since Mike was a groomsman, he and Taylor had to head back east for a buddies breakfast and other pre-wedding "duties." So, I took Mike's race entry and
OK. So. The Color Run. Have you ever heard of this thing? It was absolutely nuts. Swarms of people. Totally random concept. Every quarter-mile or so, a handful of people sprayed the runners with one singular color. It wasn't paint. It was like a powdery dye mixed with cornstarch or something like that. Powdered paint, I guess. By the end of the race, people were covered in color, and they partied like it was totally natural to be decked out in several shades of powder paint. Hmm. Only in Portland. (Except not, because I guess this is a national thing.)
| Before. Kat, Lori, and Brodie. |
| After. |
| Just the colorful ladies. |
No comments:
Post a Comment