...before the big show!
 |
| Handsome devil. |
Taylor's buddy Caffall (another one of those friends whose first name I didn't know until recently!) married wife Cara at the absolutely gorgeous Zenith Vineyards venue in Salem Saturday.
It just dawned on me this is the last wedding we'll attend before our very own. Taylor again served as a groomsman, and he looked dazzling in his suit and tie. I think he'll wear a suit instead of a tux at our wedding. But, this post is not about us.
Back to the wedding.
Cara chose a peacock theme, and my favorite part (aside from watching Taylor strut down the aisle) was the table o' pies. The pies were fantastic, and I don't even really love pie. I do, however, LOVE wedding toasts, and the bride's father sang her a song and played his guitar, which was very entertaining.
In true Kate fashion, my fairly new camera (I got it for Christmas...or was it my birthday?) really started bonking. I don't know what it is about me and technology or electronic gadgets. You may recall I dropped this camera right before we made it to the top of South Sister Mountain AND GOT ENGAGED! Perfect timing, no?! It's been hanging on by a thread, but I think it's really kicking the bucket now. Photo quality is suffering.
 |
| Spotted: Groomsman No. 2 looking great! |
 |
| Since I was in the back, I got a great view of the bride making her entrance. Love this part! |
 |
| It was tough getting a shot of the whole party. |
 |
| Equally tough getting a nonblurry photo of us. |
 |
| I'm bummed this photo turned out blurry as these were my dates to the wedding...Lindsey and Juliet. Their hubbies are youth coaches and they had a game at wedding time, so they made the trek alone. |
 |
| Favors = apple butter. Cute. |
 |
| I liked the centerpieces...the wine bottles didn't have bottoms so they plopped right over the candles. I might try this at home. |
 |
| KETLER SIGHTING! Poor Ketler's new wifey, Ashley, fell ill, so we didn't even get to chat with them as they left right after the ceremony. I did get a shot of a big Ketler bear hug, though. |
 |
| This is it! Yum! |
 |
| They danced to a Journey song...the same song Nick and Melissa danced to at their wedding. And when I realized this, I realized I've been to far too many weddings. |
Congratulations to the Caffalls who are off to Europe for three weeks (lucky!).
I'm getting excited and anxious as the countdown begins. We're about six-and-a-half months from our big day, and that is thrilling and scary!
No comments:
Post a Comment