My birthday came and went, and I told myself I was going to celebrate with some "New Year's Resolutions," including writing and reading more. We'll see how that pans out...
We had a jam-packed weekend right before my actual birthday (see prior posts), so I wasn't expecting much on my actual birthday, but of course I was wrong.
A few highlights (you know how I love bulleted lists!):
- My co-workers made sure everyone knew it was my special day, by gifting me a pretty tulip bouquet and a delicious red velvet cake.
- T gifted me a beautiful Mexican-inspired dress for our honeymoon.
- I saved many great cards and packages from friends and family to open on my birthday morning. Loved this.
- We moved our typical "First Sunday Family Dinner" to Monday, and my mom worked all day creating our wedding menu (to an absolute T!) so we could try out a few wines to pair on our Big Day. I have to say, this was so much fun. It was like our own little wine tasting evening, something our family has never done together.
Thanks to friends and family near and far for making my 28th the best one yet.
| My mom said nothing turned out the way she wanted it to, but you could have fooled us. |
| Spoiler alert: We are doing breakfast for dinner at our wedding. I can't wait. |
No comments:
Post a Comment