Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Ramblings of a mom

You're overstimulated. Your cry sounds "different" today. You're teething. You're too hot. You're too cold. You need blackout curtains. Your white noise isn't loud enough. You're over-tired.

This business of being a mom is a game, and it's one I can't figure out. 

The last four-or-so weeks have me guessing and questioning and wondering what's going on with you. You've been waking up well before the rooster crows, when I'm trying to get some work done. But you don't seem tired. Is this your new normal? Do you know I'm trying to get something done and just want to remind me that you're my priority?

A list of questions had me Googling to figure out this stage or phase or whatever it was and is...until I finally realized that's just what it is. It's just a phase. Just like eating. Some days you take two bites, and some days you eat the whole bowl of whatever it is I decided to mash up for you to try. 

You're a happy baby almost all of the time. You're healthy and growing and thriving. So why am I so worried when something changes? It's likely going to work itself out.

Deep breaths. Coffee. Wine. God. And an amazing husband who helps me though all of these phases of Fraser. 

Does anybody ever know what they're doing with their first child? 

No comments: