Well over a month ago...
Yes. That's how I'm starting this post. It's been kind of a whirlwind. Not just for us, but for everyone, it seems. I can't tell you how many times we've answered the phone recently, only to hear some kind of big, huge, monumental news from friends. Several (and I mean more than a few!) are expecting babies. Others are buying houses or getting married. Just really thrilling, amazing news.
We haven't had anything out of the ordinary happen in the last couple of months, but we have been running as if it's still the height of summer.
And now, back to the meat and potatoes. Well over a month ago, Taylor's work took us to Las Vegas for a long weekend. Although I had predispositions about Vegas based on one weekend spent there when I was seventeen, I decided to go into this with an open mind.
A vacation is a vacation, and we certainly vacated. It felt so good sleeping in, pampering ourselves with long, hot showers, lounging poolside, people watching and walking up and down the Strip, standing in awe in front of the Bellagio fountain (something I could do all day and night long), and celebrating the fact that we weren't losing any money because we don't really gamble.
Highlights of the trip included venturing off the Strip to Red Rock Canyon, where we ran in the hot hot heat and also witnessing my first Cirque du Soleil show. Not to mention finally indulging in Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate...even if it wasn't in New York. Lowlights included the smoky casinos and the constant feeling of claustrophobia.
We sure loved jet-setting away for the weekend, though. Always hard coming back to reality. What? I have to make my own bed now?
 |
| Loved all the hotel lobbies dressed up for fall. |
 |
| Couple o' tall boys and just a few sports bets. |
 |
| We liked to buy our beer at CVS before walking the Strip. Extra classy, huh? |
 |
| That's chocolate. |
 |
| Red Rock Canyon. |
 |
| Taylor and his bosses. |
 |
| Toni and her brother. |
 |
| Looks like a legit legal team took a good look at this one. |
 |
| Lovely, lovely hotel. |
 |
| Taylor had to peel me away from the fountain after every show. I could have stayed there all day, and certainly all night long. |
 |
| Texted this on over to Mike and Kat. They love them some Vegas. |
.jpg) |
| Cosmopolitan lobby for Liza. |
.jpg) |
| Pièce de résistance. |
No comments:
Post a Comment