Well, I haven't written a word since before Thanksgiving. I'd say I'm a bit behind on the recaps.
Highlights form the last month include (but are not limited to) the following:
- "Thanksgiving for Two" cooking class at In Good Taste with Mariel.
- Receiving word my friend Matea and her hubby had a baby BOY! The suspense of not knowing whether the baby was a he or she made it so much fun. He and mama are happy and healthy, and my (VC) high school friends and I couldn't be more excited to be first-time aunties to baby Sebastian. I wonder who will be next?!
- Starting a minor inferno in the kitchen while attempting to make whiskey-glazed carrots for Turkey Day.
- The Turkey Trot in Albany with Taylor and his sister, Whitney. Gobble gobble!
- Thanksgiving dinner at Taylor's grandparents' house. Everybody had to bring something "new" to the table this year. I must say, despite the fact that Taylor was upset broccoli corn casserole didn't make an appearance, everyone got super creative. Mmm. I'm licking my lips just thinking about it!
- Decorating not one...not two...but three trees in the condo.
- Interviewing for two jobs, receiving two more interview requests, accepting one job, and turning down the other. I'm going to need to write a separate post for this one. It's been a whirlwind on the employment front. I couldn't be happier or more thankful to have a job, but it's been quite a journey. I've been working for just a pinch more than a month now. It is nice to have that extra income, especially at Christmastime.
- Sending out our combo Christmas/save the date card! Things are getting official here, people!
- Prepping for our first holiday as an engaged couple. It's the little things, I tell ya.
And here are some photos to do the rest of the talking...
 |
| The infamous whiskey-glazed carrots. Taylor's dad has been distilling his own whiskey, so I thought it would be creative to use that in the recipe. Let's just say it's pretty potent! Lesson learned! |
 |
| My mom made these...almost too cute to eat. |
 |
| Forgot to mention we headed to Taylor's alma mater, Linfield College, for a D3 football playoff game. Here we are on the campus tour. Do you like the finger on the lens? Oh yes. Now I'm using my camera phone, and I still can't figure out how to take a solid picture. |
 |
| How adorable is this? Leslee and her mom made this special wreath for us. I don't want Christmas to come and go, because it is so fun seeing it every time we walk up the stairs to come home. |
 |
| It's not quite Griswald status, but I've certainly enjoyed decorating the condo. Since we compromised with white lights on the tree, I had to put up my favorite old-fashioned big lights outside. |
 |
| This tree has a sweet backstory, as we hauled it home from Albany after last Thanksgiving. It's a fake tree, one of Taylor's grandmother's. We probably won't get a real tree until we have a house, but it is special and perfect for our space. Taylor has a wonderful collection of Christmas ornaments his grandma started him on as a baby. I LOVED unpacking them and hearing about each one. |
No comments:
Post a Comment