Wednesday, May 2, 2012

But I would walk 500 miles...

...and I would run 26.2 more...just to be the girl who ran 26.2 miles...to fall down on the Hayward Field flooooor.

Yep. I did it to myself all over again. I embarked on the marathon journey, this time in Tracktown, U.S.A. 

This was my fourth and most successful attempt, and I have to thank my running partner, Erin, for pushing me to do my best...oh, and I also honed my inner Steve Prefontaine. I mean we were in Eugene, and all. 

T and I stayed with Katie and Greg, and of course Katie rolled out the red carpet. Such a wonderful hostess!
And she made these adorable cookies! 
While Katie and I picked up my race packet, trolled the local estate sales (I made out with a vintage typewriter and a milkglass pitcher for my mom!), Greg and Taylor fished it up on the local rivers. Later, we parked it on the couch with Rocket dog. I think I was checking out the race route...or, more than likely, challenging Katie to Draw Something.


This was the first time I saw any of my "support" crew...around mile 8. In the very edge of the photo, to the right, you can see a dude in a green shirt. That's Keith. Enough said.




Erin jumped on right around the Duck football stadium. Taylor joined on about a mile later. These rogue runners kept me going for the home stretch.
SO happy to see Taylor. Also...please note the difference in size between Erin and me. Somebody say Frick and Frack?! 
Height order.
Sticky and sweaty from the repetitive reenactment of those old Gatorade commercials. Official time = 3:47:10, I believe. 
Thanks to everyone for the texts, prayers, and well-wishes. It's Wednesday night, and my legs almost feel normal again. Almost.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats on the big run! FOUR TIMES! So impressive.

Katie said...

You're such a rockstar! Come back and visit anytime :)