Thursday, July 28, 2011

It starts with Big T's birthday


Today is my dad's birthday (can you tell we're related?!), and it just dawned on me that his big day ushers in a slew of summer celebrations.

In honor of these, I thought I'd take a little stroll down memory lane.

Tomorrow is my sister Elizabeth and her hubby's fifth wedding anniversary. Two brothers for J. Bird and twelve houses later, I'd say Team Heit is as happy as ever.

Look at these crazy kids back in the day.
July 29, 2006: Elizabeth trades in her Benz for a Heit.
Lady Di and her girls.
Is that the famous "one-two-rock-step" I see?
Danced every Tuesday for 30+ years.
Welcome to the family, Bird.
A year later, the Heits expanded as Campbell joined the fam.
Team Heit in full, full effect.
Fast-forward a few years, and Team Heit made its second annual appearance at the Benz Birthday Weekend Cooking Challenge '10.
Then in March of this year, we (I say that as if I am a part of the immediate fam) welcomed brother Leo, affectionately called Weeo.
The cutest nephews on the planet.
Just a few weeks from now, we'll be adding another Benz to the family as Joe marries Sara August 20 in Salem.

Once there were four.
And we were a family of six
And, not to be forgotten, my sister Stefanie and brother-in-law Jordan are welcoming a new addition to their family in early September. No, it's not a furry companion for Tilly. It's an actual human being! A baby DeVries! Boy or girl? Your guess is as good as mine!

Back when they were dating. Aw.
Rounding out the celebrations will be S and J's anniversary in late September. It seems like just yesterday we were in Sunriver for the wedding.

This wedding and photo made us a family of ten.
I guarantee we'll have a similar photo of Nana B at Joe's wedding, except she'll be toting Leo.
Cheers to Stef and Jordan! Lizey and I tag-teamed the MOH duties and speeches.
Stef and Jordan's wedding was the first time I really got to know Sara. I'd say she felt pretty comfortable with the fam.
When Stef married Jordan, Joe got two brothers. Finally, some men to balance all the estrogen at the family get-togethers.
Who knew then that they were really just practicing for August 20, 2011?
Joe and his big sis.

By summer's end our family will round out at 13: the original six, three spouses, and four kiddos!

Before, after, and in-between these monumental family events, I have several (more than a couple) fabulous friends tying the knot, and my good friend Leslee will be welcoming her baby girl to the world!!!

So, essentially what I'm saying is that I have an excuse to perma-party from now until October. See you on the dancefloor!  

This guy will be boogy-ing, too. No doubt.

No comments: