Last week was a doozy, but I made it. I cranked out that paper in one night, and my master's oral exam went off without a hitch. Now, all I have left to do is pass the two classes I'm taking--and I'm golden.
Umm...actually, I take that back. I have to pay a massive university fee. Then, I have to find a job.
I'm not out of the woods yet, but it sure feels nice to enjoy the moment.
One of the professors on my committee was also the teacher who pushed me to get my book proposal together. He said it's time to set my focus back to perfecting that beast, so that's just what I'm going to do. He has a lot of faith in the project, which helps when I have lapses of extreme--what's the opposite of motivation? Laziness? Yeah.
Well, besides the book project, for the next month and some change, I'll be continuing to work as Coach Benzo, leading individual workouts with the post players and making a manual for the person who will be taking my job. Also, I'll be tying up loose ends in my two classes as well as hitting the job hunt hard.
I almost forgot to mention Taylor and I will be kicking off wedding season with a trip to Austin for two weddings. We leave in nine days, and yes, I'm counting! The ceremonies are a week apart, so we'll be soaking up the rays, throwing back the margaritas, and seeing how many barbecue joints we can hit in a week.
Yahoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment